Clear all

new version

0 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Moises)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I\'m a registered user, using 2.13 rc 20. It expired today and I can\'t get through Yahoo group to download a new version. Please email me a link ASAP. There surely must be an easier way than through Yahoo to update my version or whatever I have to do to keep using AT without interruption.

ReplyQuote
(@Dmitry)

Same here, I\'d rather get a new RC than go back to 2.12.

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

Here\'s the e-mail I posted to the beta group... If you wnat information about joining the beta group and receiving e-mail update, check out this page:

[url= http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/beta_software.html ]http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/beta_software.html[/url]

It\'ll be any day now when 2.13 is ready for production release. I\'m just trying to hammer out the last few features and iron out the last few bugs. Plus, I was on vacation for two weeks in June, so I\'m pushing this beta period out to July 30. I plan, however, to have it done long before then.

For RC23, the SSH2 code was straightened out a bit to fix some stuttering/halting problems in the data stream. Also, I\'ve included ability to use Private key files for login that were generated by the ssh.com secure shell product, so no key conversion process is required.

Also, there was a fix to a nasty bug that showed itself when using a direct COM port connection through certain USB/serial adapters. This bug would sometimes cause the program to crash, but would often cause a spontaneous reboot of the whole system! This problem came up when using Keyspan serial adapters under XP Home/Pro systems, but it\'s possible there may be problems with other combinations as well.

Please let me know when you are able to try this beta. Especially important in this one is the Private key login. If you are not able to test the ssh.com private key component, at least make sure then the existing private key login still works for you.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Brian Pence
Celestial Software

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

Here\'s the message I posted to the beta group this morning. If you want to join the beta list, check out this page for more info:

[url= http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/beta_software.html ]http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/beta_software.html[/url]

It\'ll be any day now when 2.13 is ready for production release. I\'m just trying to hammer out the last few features and iron out the last few bugs. Plus, I was on vacation for two weeks in June, so I\'m pushing this beta period out to July 30. I plan, however, to have it done long before then.

For RC23, the SSH2 code was straightened out a bit to fix some stuttering/halting problems in the data stream. Also, I\'ve included ability to use Private key files for login that were generated by the ssh.com secure shell product, so no key conversion process is required.

Also, there was a fix to a nasty bug that showed itself when using a direct COM port connection through certain USB/serial adapters. This bug would sometimes cause the program to crash, but would often cause a spontaneous reboot of the whole system! This problem came up when using Keyspan serial adapters under XP Home/Pro systems, but it\'s possible there may be problems with other combinations as well.

Please let me know when you are able to try this beta. Especially important in this one is the Private key login. If you are not able to test the ssh.com private key component, at least make sure then the existing private key login still works for you.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Brian Pence
Celestial Software

ReplyQuote
(@jefflewcock)

I too cannot get though to the baeta download on Yahoo I get an 403 error This is extremeley annoying as I now cannot connect to any of my servers

Pleae Help !!!!

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

Jeff,

Did you join the beta group? There was a flurry of messages yesterday about problems with the yahoo group. Apparently, there are download bandwidth limits that are causing some of these errors. I posted an alternate download link there.

Oh... I just checked the group and you *are* a member. However, you have the e-mail options turned OFF. Do you want me to turn them back on so you get these mails in the future? The mailing list is *very* low-volume, so you don\'t need to worry about getting bombarded. If not, you can still check the messages manually at the web site.

ReplyQuote
(@jefflewcock)

Thanks Brian
I\'ve got the latest version now and changed my preferences so I\'ll get the E-Mails Now !!
Jeff

ReplyQuote
Share: