0 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@taa1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

got it -- rc2 now installed and running

thanks for remembering i needed the 32 bit version

to date there have been NO issues about modified files with rc1 (yaay!)

ReplyQuote
(@taa1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

[b]bpence wrote:[/b]

Here's 11.39 RC2 with a few additional tweaks, mostly addressing issues with problems during shutdown.

www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/AbsoluteTelnet32.11.39RC2.exe

Brian

I realize you [i]probably[/i] haven't gotten to [url= https://www.celestialsoftware.net/absolutetelnet-general/8999-please-add-date/time-stamp-to-disconnect-messages.html#9023 ]Re:Please add date/time stamp to disconnect messages[/url] yet but your mention of "addressing issues with problems during shutdown" made me think of my disconnect messages request, because some time in the last few hours one of my servers disconnected but I don't know when.

If "addressing issues with problems during shutdown" is even remotely related to possibly implementing my disconnect messages request I just wanted to mention it hasn't changed based on what recently happened.

If "addressing issues with problems during shutdown" is completely unrelated to my disconnect messages request then feel free to ignore THIS post entirely and I'll just be patient. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

Hey,

RC3 expired today, so I'm releasing RC4 as a replacement. You probably won't notice much of a difference. All of your requests are in there plus a ton of other smaller bug fixes.

http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/AbsoluteTelnet32.11.39RC4.exe

Brian

ReplyQuote
(@taa1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thank you! got it and installed

still no new issues to report as of rc3

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

ReplyQuote
(@taa1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

got it -- rc5 now installed and running

are there rc5 changes I should be sure to test?

no new issues to report as of rc4

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

The last couple of iterations have been to improve stability, not any specific new feature. Things that might be affected are app startup, shutdown, opening and closing new windows... Docking and undocking windows, display and location of the cursor, and overall CPU usage....

Ideally all of these things would be just slightly better because of the changes made... lower CPU, no crashes, no hangs, etc... But there's always the possibility that somethings not right so just keep an eye out for anything different, unexpected, or unusual.

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

Here is the FINAL release of 11.39. No more release candidates, no more expiration!! Yay!

And I DID make a last minute change to add a timestamp in the toolbar to indicate when a disconnect occurred. Enjoy!

And thanks for your help and feedback!

http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/AbsoluteTelnet11.39.exe
http://www.celestialsoftware.net/telnet/AbsoluteTelnet32.11.39.exe

I haven't updated all the website links yet. That'll happen soon, but you can download from the links here.

ReplyQuote
(@taa1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

well shoot, the modified file issue is back after weeks of not experiencing it. it first reappeared in rc5 on the day before you released the final version. by the time i was ready to start providing more details, you released the final version so i just decided to wait to see if the final version might have more tweaks that would fix it.

a new issue has appeared -- the window title bar is showing the .tnt file name of the last of the tabs opened, instead of the .tnt file name of the current tab that has focus.

i'll send you screen captures by private email.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: