Clear all

Cannot connect to Linux server running SSH2

0 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@tandrews1)
Topic starter  

Absolute Telnet 9.49 on Win 7 32bit

I'm attempting to connect to a client's Linux server using SSH2 but all I'm able to get is a "Username:" prompt followed by "All configured authentication methods have failed" no matter what I type in for the user name. I know I'm typing the user name correctly because I can connect to the Linux server using Putty and SSH2 with no problem at all. There seems to be some sort of incompatibility with Absolute Telnet but I don't know how to troubleshoot this further.

In trying different things, I thought I would temporarily disable FIPS 140-2 to see if I could get connected, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this: When I uncheck "FIPS 140-2 mode" under Authentication, it doesn't seem to stay unchecked even if I then save the configuration. As soon as I go into Authentication again, it's checked again.

How do I troubleshoot what seems to be a significant difference between how AT can't connect but Putty can?

ReplyQuote
(@bpence)
Member Admin

Check the authentication tab and be sure that keyboard interactive and plain password are both enabled.

Save, then retry the connection.

ReplyQuote
(@tandrews1)
Topic starter  

This worked -- and my sincere apologies for taking so long to let you know (I =thought= I had replied the day after I got your answer!).

ReplyQuote
Share: